11.02.2008

getting abroad

Here I am in Tucson, about to work for the second half of the day, having spent some quality time with some lovely people and animals this weekend, and generally relaxing a bit from the stress of the reality I face.

I finally received my work visa number, and that means I'll be hurriedly getting my information to the Korean consulate in LA on Monday in order to get the soonest available telephone interview possible in order to obtain my work visa asap. I'm packing all week and wrapping up loose ends here and there. I doubt I'll be working; it has been advised that I give myself time to finish my business up in the States. I tend to overwork myself, but now is not the time to procrastinate with other things.

I really enjoy spending time with people lately who have more to talk about than just my impending geographical alteration. Those who have interesting things going on in their lives are so peaceful to be around because they aren't pestering me for details that I'd just as soon not think about. The ones who are interested are nice to be around, but I always get that tightness in my chest when I take the macroscope view of what I'm facing...I'd really rather listen to other people.

Besides that, I'm meeting someone for lunch and should absolutely get out of here right now.

No comments: