11.10.2008

deep breathing

This is my second-to-last night before leaving. Most of my things are packed and organized in a way I approve of, and I am so glad I began packing weeks ago! It gave me plenty of time to dwell on strategies and space limitations, as well as remembering loads of last-minute ideas and rationalizing out certain non-necessities (like hiking boots: too big and heavy!).

Overall, I feel very at peace. It's sad to leave behind people and creatures I love so much, but saying goodbye isn't unfamiliar in most people's lives, certainly not in mine. I'm satisfied that I'll appreciate the appropriate things about my life back home, but I've needed to move on for a long time, to not feel as though I'm resting on my laurels, to keep the spark of excitement and adventure in my life.

And here it is. And I feel calm, content. I let myself freak out early enough that I got the majority of responsibilities taken care of. Now, I can take that deep breath and relax. Actually, first I need to pack a bit more, but it's okay. :)

Thank you to everybody who has been so supportive of me. I think of you all very often, and despite our perpetual geographic limitations, I consider you very dear friends and I am eternally grateful to have you in my life, at least for this part of my journey and yours.

(Anticipate photos of Seoul very soon indeed!)

No comments: