7.05.2008

i'll do it later

I uploaded every photograph from Richard's camera, but that was over 800 photos, and I think I'd rather do something more entertaining with my time than sift through those right now.

That being said, I've got the hostel room to myself, there's a thunderstorm brewing up outside, and I'm darn close to saying I've only FOUR days left until my imminent departure.

I had a very seriously cathartic sobbing session, totally necessary, and called my mom up for a much needed shoulder of support. She was really helpful and amazing, and instead of feeling shunned and pathetic, she empathized and talked me through it all. I'm so anxious about my cycle and having it take so much longer than usual, complete with a double-dose of hormones for every day it doesn't happen. That and money. And feeling really humiliated and isolated around my colleague, who is quite clearly just self-focused and usually not malicious. Usually..

So after a good cry, I had a big veggie sandwich at Subway, which I sat and ate very slowly and deliberately, and washed that down with three Arnold Palmers (that I made myself at the fountain) and a bag of baked potato chips. That was my fun time today. I think I was also pretty disappointed that I totally got flaked on by my Albuquerque pals. After the second unreturned call, I can take a hint, but still it made me sad.

These things and more make me miss the company of people who really do love me and can at least tolerate my less agreeable moments. I'm not seeking validation from my present company, it's just rather depressing to be so many miles away from anybody who cares and cooped up with someone who sighs deeply any time I cost a cent for my FREE HARD LABOR. Douche bag.

Whatever. I'm still just cranky and coping with loads of pent-up hormonal frustrations. But I'm fixing to watch Persepolis, this time with subtitles instead of the English dub (which was fun but glazes over the subtleties of Farsi).

Five days and one hour until I'm on a bus home.

No comments: