10.14.2012

calm waters

I'd like to start off by saying that I'm happy.  I'm exploring ways to maintain inner peace and seek strength in that peace, as well as keep my motivation for future aspirations and potential.

After burying the dead end that resulted from my brief stint with the doctor, I actually did find my center again.  I was feeling cheerful, balanced, and most of all grateful, once again.

Three weeks ago, surprisingly coinciding with my previous post on this blog, I was sent a message by someone whom at first I ignored.  I couldn't be bothered with yet another boring beau.  After revisiting this man and giving him a chance, I wrote him back and we struck up a correspondence that led to meeting for a drink by the end of that week.  It has been two weeks and I see this fireman regularly, and hear from him every day.

The more I see him, the fonder I am of his personality, witticisms, integrity and intelligence.  He is a good man.  So far he has shown me that he genuinely likes me and has no interest in playing games.  He is so tall and handsome.  He has tattoos!  On top of all that, the man likes loves my cooking!  How can I possibly resist him?!

The fireman met my best friends yesterday, and they all loved each other.  It was very comfortable and friendly, and I made us all dinner.

At the risk of succumbing to any familiar patterns, I am still attempting to take a step back and simply appreciate the moment for what it is.  I am happy.  In the central courtyard of my spirit, I am tending to a very beautiful pool of water with a still, placid surface.  It is my responsibility to keep it undisturbed by the turmoil of outside occasions.  I also take the time to sit by my pool, to take comfort in its stillness.  This is my inner peace.



No comments: