10.12.2008

a large world after all

I apologize for not keeping up with my journal here. It has been far beyond a month since my last post, and admittedly I have thought about recording some thoughts in this box, but my limited access to Internet is the usual excuse why not.

So, I wouldn't say life has been terribly bumpy as of late, just busy. It seems like my entire day is eaten up with things to do or time spent recuperating, and when the weekends finally roll around, I just eat it up and then in what feels like a moment it has passed and suddenly I'm waking up early Monday morning, yet again.

It's all just very whoosh! and that's not always bad but it certainly wipes you out.

Toby came up this weekend, and that was wonderful. It wasn't just for me, which was actually pretty nice, that way we had very special time together when we could get it.

Yoshi wants Toby back, though. Ever since the he and his brother came by today to say goodbye before departing back to Tucson, Yoshi has been watching out the window and frequently asking me to go outside so he can check for their car. I think it just reminded him that Toby and Tyler are somewhere other than where he is, and he hasn't seen them in over a month besides. Plus, it got very cold very suddenly and he is trembling like a leaf, while I can't locate any of his sweaters (which look so cute on him!). So he sits in the window, watching and shaking. It truly is heartbreaking.

On the topic of the weather, however, it's finally sweater-wearing time! My cooler-weather wardrobe was just dying to come out of hiding, and the idea of wearing scarves again tickles me greatly!

On Korea, I am still in the stages of very little momentum. Working this much has made my estimated departure date creep up stealthily, while I have gotten nearly nothing done in the way of preparation. I've sent off my documents, am waiting for an interview or two with some schools out there that would suit my start date, and then the work Visa is next. Then I pack everything I can think of in two 50-lb. checked bags and one carry-on, and make my merry way to the other side of the planet, knowing next to nothing about what my life will have in store next.

Hrm. This is the only sentiment I seem able to muster about the state of events to follow.

But at present, I feel anxious and I'm sure there are several things I ought to do, if I could just bend my attention their way. So that's what I'll do.

No comments: